Google #KickStart 2020 Round G Starts October 18 2020, 12:00-15:00 (UTC)

Hello everybody! Another round of Google’s coding competition is starting very soon, and I thought I’d drop some info here to make it as accessible and available to everyone as possible.

Please, do not feel intimidated. This competition is meant to give learners like you and me a chance to test our knowledge and problem solving skills. It is free, and really it doesn’t matter how well you do. You will not be put in any spotlight or embarrassing situation. It’s just us, our browsers, and a code editor (unless you do extremely well, then you might become famous :wink:).

Check out ecnerwala winning the last round of KickStart (round E) and William Li placing 2nd. As you will soon notice from these videos, these guys are really good at competitive programming.
So what! I still had fun last time trying to solve the problems. Like I said, don’t be intimidated. This is a lot of fun and we do it to learn (I mean, if you do it to win, power to you of course :fire:).

Here’s a link to another great competitive coder, Errichto, on How to start Competitive Programming? For beginners!

Good luck to everyone participating, and please drop a comment below if you have any questions, comments or if you are just excited about this as I am!

What is Kick Start ?

Kick Start offers coders around the world the chance to develop and hone their programming skills through online-hosted competition rounds. The three-hour rounds feature a variety of algorithmic challenges, all developed by Google engineers so that you get a taste of the technical skills needed for a career at Google (the top competitors from our Kick Start rounds may be invited to interview at Google!). Our rounds are held regularly throughout the year at different times so they are easily accessible to coders everywhere. Each Kick Start Round is open to all participants, no pre-qualification needed, so you can try your hand at one or give them all a shot.

How it Works

Register for Kick Start once on our website and you’ll be set up to compete in any round you’d like! When each round is open, the three hour countdown begins and you’ll compete on our website solving algorithmic and mathematical problems. Following the round, you can check out your rankings and the round analysis. If you were a top competitor, you may be contacted by Google for a chance to interview.

FAQ

I can’t stress this enough. READ all the rules and FAQs! Link to the FAQs

5 Likes

Hi all! I hope some of you participated in ROUND F last month! I updated the title of the topic to refer to the next event:

ROUND G IS THIS WEEKEND

Get ready for more fun and a chance to test your skills!

1 Like