Goal: Entry Level Web Developer Role by 2020

Hello all. I have decided to get back in Web Development after almost 18 years away. 18 year! Did they even have a web back then?! Yes. It was primitive, html had styling components, and CSS was barely budding if I remember right. I knew VB, QB and HTML back then.
I made the Middle School I went to, their first web page.

Life diverged into other roads, and almost 20 years later, I’m navigating back.

Long term, I want to be a Freelance App Developer. But, more pressing, is I want out of Semiconductor and into Web Development.

My goal, is to be in an Entry Level Web Developer Role by Jan 1, 2020.

I’m doing codecademy(obviously) doing the pro, until it stops being useful.
I’m also concurrently running the content from LinkedIn Learning. Mostly, just listening to the videos on my 40 minute commute to work.
And trying out codeanywhere for an IDE. I have some time at work where I could code, so having it portable is a plus.

My focus, seems pretty standard, HTML, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, React etc. (I have a more specific list somewhere…)

Anyway, I wanted to say ‘hi’ to the community, and keep my ears open for tips, other resources, favorite bookmarks, etc.

I’m sure you’ll see me asking questions down the road!

I am trying to get back to web development after 15 years off. I was a software engineer… and the web was similar … lots of html, CSS was relatively new, xml was also relatively new. Good Luck on the journey. I am enrolled in the web development intensive course. So far it is a fun class.

Keep going at that goal, and I’ll try to help you if I can along the way!

Bro! I’m with you, but I’ve chosen python way. I put the same date - 1 jan 2020.

Nice @krawling! I hope you reach your goal =)

Good luck! I hope you get your goal!