Git commit

What does this mean? If you're having trouble thinking of a good commit message, reflect on how the project has changed since it began.

I understand that I need to type a message and how to do this, I just don't know what they are exactly looking for.

I wrote git add .
and after git commit -m "first commit"

The example text hits the nail squarely on the head. "Add first line of dialogue" (paraphrase) as I recall.

The message should accurately describe what is in the commit. To be brief and succinct we need to use frank language in the present tense. It should be possible to go back through old commits and find when we added the first line of dialogue.

The instructions are not clear, but you need to specify to which file you make this commit and after that type your commit.
In this exact lesson you need to specify file name (scene-1.txt) and add commit as shown on example (Complete first line if the dialogue)

You want to avoid commit messages like "first commit", "second commit", "third commit" since they don't really tell you anything about what changed.

It would be better to write "Change background color to green", "Fix button layout on password screen", "Add user information screen" which are more informative.

Hope that helped.

I have error // What does it mean ?

fatal: Unable to create '/home/ccuser/workspace/sorcerers-code/.git/index.lock': File exists.

If no other git process is currently running, this probably means a
git process crashed in this repository earlier. Make sure no other git
process is running and remove the file manually to continue.

See if this helps

git commit -m "Whatever you want to say"

I'm receiving the same - made it this whole way and can't get any further just now. You make it through yet?

I'm receiving the same message as neyrockstar67999

I can't pass ones with gits.