Glad to read that you’re happy. You seem motivated, that’s great to see!
Learning PHP shouldn’t be too difficult if you did well on the JS course, imho.
Any advice, well…
- Take the PHP course here on Codecademy to get familiar with the language.
- Always keep an eye on the official docs!
- If you read blogs, articles, tutorials and whatnot, always make sure they’re up-to-date.
- Start working with the latest release of PHP (7.4.9 currently). PHP 8 is also just around the corner.
- Read all of this (yes, all of it): https://phptherightway.com
- Read this as well: https://phpenthusiast.com
- Always and only use PDO to connect to a database: https://phpdelusions.net/pdo
- Once you’ve taken all this in (I would expect in a few months time), and while building little projects of your own, you’ll be able to start looking into frameworks. Now there are quite a few out there. I’d stick to the best of them, Laravel and Symfony.
How far you go after that is up to you.
Best of luck, and feel free to ask any questions you might have.