Getting my head round Javascript basics

Hey guys,

Hope you are all doing good? I have been plugging away at the Web Development path. Currently I am 11% complete (just to give you an idea of how far I am) I flew through HTML and CSS and feel pretty confident with the introductory lessons. I loved those subjects and felt like I was flying high. I have been tinkering around on my own little projects using HTML and CSS and felt really motivated.

However I have hit a bit of a brick wall with Javascript. I feel like I understand it on a basic level but it just doesn’t seem to stick. The terminology that is used when coding Javascript throws me too…
I guess this is a bit of a shot in the dark but has anyone got any advice on how to get to grips with it? Is it just a case of going over and over till it becomes clearer?

1 Like

Markup languages like html & css are easier to learn then a scripting/programming language like JS. So, don’t compare. That will only make you feel bad. Javascript is going take longer to learn.

Practice makes perfect. Also develop strategies which might help, some people might prefer flow diagrams. Other people might ask a lot of questions: What does this do? And why? What purpose does this serve?

Maybe consulting external sources when something is unclear. The external source might have explanation which makes more sense too you

1 Like