Functions not responding

HELLO SIR
please help me check out this code. I don’t know where I have gone wrong. I wrote the first function but I felt it is not so efficient, it replaced the words in “terms” with just a particular word. so I wrote the second function to help me replace the individual words in “terms” with a particular word. the second function didn’t work well.

#THE EMIAL FUNCTION FOR email_two

proprietary_terms = [“she”, “personality matrix”, “sense of self”, “self-preservation”, “learning algorithm”, “her”, “herself”]

def censor_email_one(email, terms):
new_email_one = ‘’
for this in terms:
new_email_one = email.replace(this, “kinda bad”)
return new_email_one

#print(censor_email_one(email_two, proprietary_terms))

#BETTER FUNCTION FOR email_two

def censor_email_ones(email, terms):
new_email_one = ‘’
for word in terms:
if word == ‘she’:
new_email_one = email.replace(word, “cussy”)
elif word == ‘personality matrix’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “behaviourXXXXXXX”)
elif word == ‘sense of self’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “referigeration”)
elif word == ‘self-preservation’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “binary understanding”)
elif word == ‘learning algorithms’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “programing patterns”)
elif word == ‘her’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “devil”)
elif word == ‘herself’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “evil”)
return new_email_one

print(censor_email_ones(email_two, proprietary_terms))