`var sleepCheck = function (numHours); {
if (numHours>= 8) {
return "You're getting plenty of sleep! Maybe even too much!";
};
else {
return "Get some more shut eye!";
};

console.log(sleepCheck(10));`

I've looked through this plenty of times and still can't seem to find the problem. It just states:
SyntaxError: Unexpected token

Dont forget @alaanor its three ticks instead of one you put to organize your code. Anways ill find the problem soon

Wow that was quick. You forgot to close your function. So you have to put a bracket between console.log() and the else statement

Wait so like this; ?

var sleepCheck = function (numHours); {
if (numHours>= 8) {
return "You're getting plenty of sleep! Maybe even too much!";
};
else {
return "Get some more shut eye!";
}
}; //This is the extra bracket you told me to add.

console.log(sleepCheck(10));

Because it just states the same error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token

Hey, I was just doing this lesson myself when I saw this post, after I did mine I had a look at yours and pasted it into my codeacademy page, I think its because of the semicolon you've got here: var sleepCheck = function (numHours); as well as the one you have in the middle of the if statement before else. Let me know if you get it working and leave either/both of those in cause so far I've been really bad at remembering to use semicolons so there may be something i didn't notice :slightly_smiling:

Thanks, this worked. Semi Colons are hard to remember where to put and where not to!

Yes after adding the closing } the problems are the semicolons. I've written a longer post about the one between if an else here:

and the {} after functions are just mandatory so there is nothing allowed between ) and { except whitespaces.
And about semicolons in general you might have a look at this blog post:
https://www.codecademy.com/blog/1707