FUNCTIONAL SCOPE w0t?

<PLEASE USE THIS TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>
https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-javascript/lessons/scope/exercises/functional-scope?action=lesson_resume&link_content_target=interstitial_undefined

<Below this line, in what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>
I am having trouble figuring out on how to declare the function myApartment. So far throughout the lesson, when we declare a function it usually comes in this structure. EX: function myFunction(parameter) {
}
but for this lesson in particular, why do we declare a variable and name it myApartment and then assign its value with a function?
Ex: var myApartment = function(parameter) {
}

and when I look at the hints it gives me this as an example:

function myApartment() {
}
instead of the one prior to that one.

ORRRRR… Is it because it is specific to functional scope which means you have to assign a function to a variable?
AM I MAKING ANY SENSE

I eventually let it run the code for me, and it set it to the code where the function is assigned to the variable. halp me pls!?

var laundryRoom = 'Basement';
var mailRoom = 'Room 1A';

function myApartment() {
  var mailBoxNumber = 'Box 3';
  var laundryRoom = 'In-Unit';

console.log('Mail box: ' + mailBoxNumber + ', Laundry:' + laundryRoom);

}

myApartment();

Replace this line with your code. 

there are two ways to define a function, see the documentation:

there is function deceleration and function expression.

Both can used, each has its pro’s and cons. For this exercise, it shouldn’t matter, its about the scope of mailBoxNumber and laundryRoom

Okay, thanks. I was wondering why they did that! But now I know there are two ways of doing it. Thank you for explaining. I really appreciate it!