Full-Stack Career Path Book Suggestions

Hey, so I have a few issues with the Full-Stack Engineering career path… There are two books that are recommended (turns out, there are steps where you need to read certain parts of the book to move on). However, both of these books were published in 2014, which seems incredibly old in terms of technology. Based on the learning, I understand in JavaScript, most people use ES6 (at least at the time the path was developed), and that came out around 2015… However, based on some reviews of the books, the HTML & CSS information was severely dated.

Mind you, this link is a combo-pack for the books suggested, and I am interested in buying them. However, I am nervous to buy the books if they’re going to have too old of information.

I Personally think that even if the information is outdated it covers the core concepts one would have to understand. A function is still a function even though the formatting or implementation of it might have changed with updated standards. For instance if you were to jump straight into learning React, you wouldn’t benefit as much if you didn’t cover Vanilla JS first. A Strong foundation is always beneficial.

This is the world of Tech, it is constantly evolving and we need to try and keep up with it.
A ES6 seems to be the most popular standard even though we are currently on ES11 (June 2020) in terms of releases.

Just my 2 cents on the topic.