Fotomatic - WOULD A MODERATOR PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS

Hi there!

I was trying my hand at the Fotomatic project and noticed something… then submitted a bug report as follows:

"I humbly suggest a review of this project, comparing the design specs, the solution code, and the working version of the final product (especially these last two), as there seems to be quite a few differences.

Just to be sure, I copied/pasted the CSS from the solution and then inspected the different screen sizes in Chrome DevTools, and the result is different from the specs.

I was really enjoying this project, but the inconsistencies confused me more than helped. Please forgive me if this a result of my limited perception as a newbie :)"

Then I came here to the forums to see if the mistake was mine. Turns out there’s a 2020 post about this, i.e. no answer was provided by Codecademy for this issue, for two years now…

I get mistakes are made by everyone, don’t get me wrong. But it’s quite frustrating to attempt a project with these many inconsistencies in the solution. Also, it would be nice if we could track our bug reports to see if/when they’re examined, so to avoid persisting problems like this one.

1 Like

Hey!

I’ve moved this into the #community:codecademy-bug-reporting section of the forums as that’s the most appropriate category. It looks like it was reported back then too, but hopefully moving it into that category will bring a little attention to it now as well.

2 Likes

Please remember that Mods and SUs here are volunteers. We do not work for CC.

Also, this is the form to submit a bug report:

https://help.codecademy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 Likes

Thank you! Now I’ll post bug-related content in the right spot.

1 Like

Noted. I’ve submitted a bug report through the link you listed. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

You’re welcome.
Make sure that it’s not a code error and that
You’ve used the Troubleshooting guide.

Also, remember to be as descriptive as possible when reporting issues.
Include:
Web browser
Operating system
Link to the exact page
Screen shot
Steps to replicate the issue

2 Likes