Fotomatic finished project

My final version.

I'm currently studying the Full-Stack Engineer course and I just finished the Fotomatic project.

Looking at the link to the finished page, I realised that it did not fully follow the image reference, so in the end, I decided to follow the image for my project, as it seemed a bit more challenging.

It took me a couple of days and I can't see any issues anymore, but it might just be me, so if you see or notice anything odd, or have any feedback, please, feel free to point it out.

Links:

Repository

GitHub Page

SPOILER ALERT!!

If you don't want to see a list of the errors I found, don't look at my repository README.

4 Likes

This is a fantastic solution! I feel you have taken much more trouble than the person who created the “solution” at Codecademy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I must admit I lost patience with this project but I’m sure you’ve learned a lot more that I have, having done such a thorough job. Two tiny details I noticed are that the font for the logo was a monospace font and the quotation was centred on the design spec.

2 Likes

Thanks, yes I’ve learned quite a few things going through this project, mostly regarding CSS but also chrome dev tools and formatting .md files.
I totally miss the alignment of the quotation, thanks for that, as for the font I actually did it on purpose, since there was no written instruction about the font for that element, and the rest of the page was entirely in Roboto, I just decided to go that way, especially after realising that the image reference and the actual site example had quite a few discrepancies.

1 Like

Grateful to you! I’ve just tweaked my own code after looking at yours. Great catch by @sophocles99 on how the Roboto Mono font should actually have monospace as its backup, not sans serif. I wouldn’t have thought to have gone into the HTML file and fix the meta tags and such in there if I hadn’t looked on the forums, I was purely working in the CSS file. Million thanks, both!

1 Like