Request to change feature.
Topic: Forums Background Color
Requested change: Background Color
At current, the background color for the forums appears to be completely white, #FFFFFF. This color is by no means a bad choice and suits the forum page well, however there are certain things that cannot benefit from the brightness of the page.
- Horizontal rules
- Color Highlights
- Block quotes
- Preformatted text / code backgrounds.
Simple changes to this could be to darken the color of the examples above. But thinking more than that, in my opinion the entire forums should be just a few shades darker to have a longer forums experience. I personally cannot spend to much time on this site without taking a break due to the intensity of the brightness. I will however take it with a grain of salt. I understand this is probably the way the forums is supposed to look, and changing it could cause some problems with the user-base(E.g. Negative feedback, or further problems could arise that haven't been accounted for).
Description of Change in Feature:
Changing the color of the Forums to a slightly darker shade of grey (E.g. #EEEEEE, or #F2F2F2) could be beneficial to users that are on the forums for long periods of time. Sparing eyesight and headaches, this could allow further concentration in getting users their information in a more direct manner.
- Longer consecutive use of the forums for long term users (Major)
- Higher quality of posts over lengthy periods of time. (Minor)
- Greater post utilization of features. (Minor)
- Possibility of users being apposed to the change (Major)
- Would also need to change the examples in the summary to a darker shade to compliment new forums color. (Minor)
- Color schemes around the forums would need to be changed to reflect the new background color. (Minor)
Do you want to see this in CodeCademy?
- Yes this would be awesome!
- No, I like the way it is!
- I really don't care.
The Change itself is relatively minor but it could do great things for long term users of the forums. I am sure others also feel similar to myself after hours of answering questions.
Thank you for your consideration.