Footer not connecting to CSS

Am I doing something wrong? As you can see the footer in the stylesheet is not color coded like everything else, meaning it is not linked to the html file. When I try to submit my code the error message says:
Oops, try again. Did you remember to set your #footer to clear:both?

The dashes around the pound signs in the copied css is for the purpose of viewing. I would've like to post two images but being a new user, I am only able to post one.

#header {
    border-radius: 1em;
    height: 7em;
    width: 100em;
    background-color: #610205;
    position: fixed;
    z-index: 1;
}
.left {
    height: 100em;
    width: 20em;
    background-color:#dfdfdf;
    float: left;
}
.right {
    height: 100em;
    width: 80em;
    background-color: #ffffa3;
    float: right;
#footer {
    height: 5em;
    width: 100em;
    background-color: #dfca00;
    clear: both;
}

Please post a link to the lesson you are on (the actual URL, not just the lesson #) so we can compare your code to our own. Thank you.

I can see in the image of the html code, that it is build a resume exercise 6/8 (this exercise)

The reason your #footer isn't showing is because .right is missing its closing curly bracket (})

Thank you stemtim94! I feel most stupid, all my focus was trying to figure out what was wrong with the footer and I overlooked the .right

i was going to say you're welcome, but i need at least 20 chararacters. You're welcome

In the old forum we used to be able to navigate to the lessons, but now we have to go back into CC and locate the track, then the module, then the lesson. A giant pain in the arse until one gets bookmarks set up. That's why I asked for the lesson link. It's one thing to spot the error, but another to actually test the suggested fix. I have so many times used the exact context of the OP that my suggested solutions did not agree with the actual lesson. In time this should all be easier.

A link to the exercises/track is missing, that would be nice. What are CC plans for this?

Can't say. I know that 'they' are watching closely at the goings on, so we can expect some evolution over time. I'm content to let 'them' get the bugs ironed out and bring that back on line as things tighten up.

Big Brother :open_mouth: