Font size 10 being understood as Font size 14 in HTML Basics II

Hi
In HTML Basics II, exercises 8 and 9 on Font colour, once I complete the task, I get the response: "Oops, try again. It looks like your second paragraph's font-size is 14px instead of 10px"
I have tried doing Cmd 0 to correct this issue but this doe not work.
Has anyone else and this issue and if so , how did you resolve it?

can you post your code?

Make sure your browser doesn't have a minimum font-size (do a google search: change minimum font-size browsername, where browsername is obviously your browsername (firefox, chrome))

Thanks for your response.

This is the Code for Lesson 8:

Some text for you to make tiny!

Some text for you to make normal size!

Some text for you to make super big!

The automated response I get is:
"Oops, try again. Did you set the first paragraph's font-size to 10px? It looks like it's 14px. (If you're getting a weird decimal font size, check the Hint.)"

if you edit/update your question, leave a reply so i get a notification. Your code is not visible, take the following steps to make it visible:

I have just looked in preferences of my web browser Safari and changed the minimum font size it would allow to include font size 10. I tried the exercise again and this time I succeeded. Thank you very much for your help Stetim94

well done, you're welcome.

Just one more thing, try to make your html code visible, so i can help you with that, you never know, you might need to make another question later on

Hello,
Sorry but I have the same problem, except that instead of having 40px, I had 16px! And I can't modify it with Crtl-0!

I'm stuck, PLEASE HELP thank you+++

your error message indicate a problem in the syntax, 16px is the default font-size. So if it won't change to 40px, there is most likely a tiny mistake in your code.

if you edit/update your question, leave a reply so i get a notification. Your code is not visible, take the following steps to make it visible:

Thank you for your answer, I'm trying to show you my code, but still not being able to make it visible with your instructions.
The first two lines showed up fine in my exercise, 10px and 20px, so I doubt if the mistake for the 3rd line was mine!

Du texte à écrire en tout petit !

Du texte à écrire à taille normale...

Et du texte à écrire en très gros !

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

more instructions on how to make your code visible: select the code (with mouse or keyboard), and press ctrl + k.

If you really can't get it to work, make a print screen and press the upload button (ctrl + g)

Sorry, it doesn't work. I really am grateful for your time, it seems that I'm not good at following your instructions!
On the left size, my text was fully copied. But on the right side of this creen, the preview side, nothing showed up, like it's blocked out!
THANK YOU so much, I'll try to get help tomorrow with someone physically there!

i can't help if you do not manage to either post your code or (something i personally do not like) make a print screen and upload it, i need to see your code

you can try this backtick trick (is located above tab key on your keyboard) to make your code visible

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <title>Changements de taille de la police</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <p style="font-size:10px"> Du texte à écrire en tout petit ! </p>
        <p style="font-size:20px"> Du texte à écrire à taille normale... </p>
        <p style="font-size":40px"> Et du texte à écrire en très gros ! </p>
    </body>
</html>

You did it :smile:
i see the problem, in this line:

<p style="font-size":40px">

you have a quotation mark (") after font-size which shouldn't be there, here is the correct line:

<p style="font-size:40px">

see the difference? the style attribute stops at the second quotation mark, which in your case was after font-size, so 40px was not included

You're wonderful. THANK YOU. It works!
It's really fun learning to code!
Have a nice day

im having the same problem i checked the min. font size on chrome. Am i missing something
any help wil help
thanks

after a style property (font-family, font-size) there should always be a colon

thank you that was it I'm kind of embarrssed.

don't be, debugging is tricky, i would almost say it is an art. I have most likely more programming experiece + debug experience, and i am helping on the html + css forum here on CC for a long time, i seen it pretty much all, i know what to look for