[fixed #75] Make a Website - Building with Bootstrap - 6. Supporting Content - error: Invalid character

I will contact her(I assume it’s a (her)). thank you zainabrawat

sincerely, Ronan.

2 Likes

@ronan.eastburn.00 There was another thread for this error so I’ve moved all of yours over there so that it is easier to track.

Thank you Leon.

Could I get everyone else’s operating system and browser please? Please try it on more than one browser if you can.

I’m using Windows 10 Chrome latest version… Worked perfectly :slight_smile:

I am using Windows 8.1 with Internet Explorer. I’ll switch browsers if someone who has been having the problem posts this as a solution that worked for them. I have my doubts that this is a browser problem, though. I went through the last Build A Website (AirBnb) course without a problem. I’m 93% through this course, and this is the only issue I’ve had.

1 Like

You could be right, but it is good to collect as much info as possible to help spot the difference between your experience and someone else’s.

It could be a keyboard language problem too, but I couldn’t spot any unusual characters in your code.

windows 8 & Internet Explorer

2 Likes

A report has been filed with the people who can help. Please continue to post any information that might be helpful.

Considering alot of the people with this issue are running on IE, it could very much be a problem to IE. I’m on a restricted PC so I can’t install a different browser.

@fabianvk It’s working now, I just tested on IE. If you have the website open from when the error was there refresh the page and then try :slightly_smiling: good luck !

11 posts were split to a new topic: Make a Website - all checkpoints are green, next button is not available

I’m still getting the same “invalid character” code I was before. Also, as pointed out by others, I can use the “Get Code” option to fill it in, and the boxes all get checked. BUT, the “Next” button is shaded out and I can’t click on it. I don’t think they’re two separate issues. Here’s another screen shot of what I get.

I’m try to get it straight so it makes sense when I report it up the chain :slightly_smiling:

You get the “invalid character” message until you get and accept the “get code” message, then it switches to the new problem with the next button?

Do I have that right?

That is correct
after getting the code
you are able to get all the green’'s
but the next-button is NOT active.

I didn’t realize at the time that both of these problems were the same. I’m going to bring all of the other posts back here, but I can’t interfile them time-wise so they will just be stuck on the end here.

( Make a Website - all checkpoints are green, next button is not available )

wrong screenshot. (really 175 screenshots in its dir.) but that’s not why I comment
I disagree it does pass (only if you use get code) but you cannot click next
its not even highlighted.
I tried multiple times to do it myself
even if you copy the the “get text” code
refresh>Ctrl A(select all)>backspace>Ctrl V(paste)>does not
its just been made to skip this step if you click get text
it still wont accept the text
but I cant click
all steps ticked/green
all good
but no next

Please paste in your code…

Hi @ronan.eastburn.00, that sounds different from your earlier “invalid character” screenshot so something may have changed. Could you post another showing the all green but no next please?

I’m having the same situation now too. After using “Get Code” it checks off all remaining steps however the Next button remains inactive so you can’t move on. Refreshing the screen, leaving the page, opening in a new tab, all reset the lesson and step 2 goes back to erroring out unless you use “Get Code”.

I’m on a work VDI with IE and can’t try in another browser at the moment.

@macromikel,
I am working in a windows 8.1 IE11 environment and had the same
all-green-buttons but the ready status was not set and therefor the =NEXT= button was not usable…
I really had to open the particular-section with a GOOGLE-Browser to get the status set…

Returning to the IE11 Browser the =NEXT= Button was then usable…

Maybe we should use a newer version of the Bootstrap-link…