[fixed #66, #140] My /app/views/movies/show.html.erb file bugged and is now empty

I've been experience a lot of buggy issues with the rails course and I guess if I have two files open and I try to click into one it overwrites with the content of the file I was currently looking at. Getting really frustrated with this rails class.

When I look into the views/movies/show.html.erb file from the "finder" it shows this:

class ActorsController < ApplicationController
def index
@ actors = Actor.all
end
def show
@ actor = Actor.find(params[:id])
@ movie = @ actor.movies
end
end

I had to put a space in between the @ signs because it said I was mentioning people...

but when I open the file it's blank. If anyone has the code for that It'd be much appreciated as I don't really want to start over and have to probably deal with this bug again. I've had to restart every single project in this course and I'm getting a bit salty.

Hey Brendan,

Thanks for letting us know about this!
We've got a bug report filed, so it shouldn't be long before this gets fixed :slightly_smiling:

Until then, could you please tell me:

• :question: The browser you are using
  • :question: The operating system you are using
  • :question: Whether you're behind a firewall
  • :question: Whether you're using a school or company network

Also, could you try refreshing the page and/or switching browsers and letting me know if either of those works?

I am using Google Chrome on Mac OS 10.11.1

Not behind a firewall and I'm in on my own private home internet.

I've tried refreshing and it's made me start the whole lesson 6/7 over and it doesn't solve the issue but I will try in a new browser.

No luck in the new Browser. I used Safari. Still messed up

This should be fixed now, please let me know if it isn't :slight_smile: