First SQL project not updating when I hit 'save'

I am working on the beginning of the Create Table project in SQL https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-sql/projects/learn_sql_create_table

I got to step 3 and when I hit ‘save’, no table or schema was showing up. I went back to step 1, and hit ‘save’ and still the friends table was not showing up. I have read many others’ posts with the same problem and have not had any luck. I have refreshed my screen, and closed and gone back into CodeAcademy several times with no change. Here is my screenshot. Please advise what I am doing wrong here. Any help would be much appreciated! Here is a screenshot.

2 Likes

:wave: hey there! I found the same issue and it turns out that the issue was the comma after DATE!!! What a pain it was but it shows how important it is to be precise when writing out the syntax.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with the first two projects I’ve done. I’m using the exact same syntax that’s in the expert demo video.

1 Like

Make sure there are no spelling errors. I misspelled birthday in the first piece of code and it threw everything off. Once that was fixed, the code compiled.