First day of coding, please help!

Hello Everybody

I am on my first day and first project of coding. I am currently on this python project: https://www.codecademy.com/paths/computer-science/tracks/cspath-intro/modules/cspath-python-syntax/projects/furniture-store

This is the code I have thus far:
“lovely_loveseat_description = “”“Lovely Loveseat. Tufted polyester blend on wood. 32 inches high x 40 inches wide x 30 inches deep. Red or white.””"
lovely_loveseat_price = 254.00
stylish_settee_description = “”"“Stylish Settee. Faux leather on birch. 29.50 inches high x 54.75 inches wide x 28 inches deep. Black.”""
stlish_settee_price = 100.50
luxurious_lamp_description = “”“Luxurious Lamp. Glass and iron. 36 inches tall. Brown with cream shade.”""
luxurios_lamp_price = 52.15
sales_tax = .088
customer_one_total = 0
customer_one_itemization = “”
customer_one_total += lovely_loveseat_price
customer_one_itemization += lovely_loveseat_price
customer_one_tax = customer_one_total * sales_tax
customer_one_total += sales_tax
print(“Customer One Items”)
print(customer_one_itemization)
print(“Customer One Total”)
print(customer_one_total)"

This is the error I am getting back when attempting to run:
“Traceback (most recent call last):
File “script.py”, line 11, in
customer_one_itemization += lovely_loveseat_price
TypeError: Can’t convert ‘float’ object to str implicitly”

Any help is appreciated and thank you for your time in advance!

first off, you have a double quote at the start of line one that shouldn’t be there and will mess you up as soon as we fix the first problem.

your problem is you are trying to add the price to the itemization when you are supposed to be adding the description. (but you need to fix description as mentioned above)

If your curious, the problem is that you are trying to concatenate a number to a string, which has to be done by using the str() function

Thank you for your help, I was able to go back and redo the project much easier.