Finished C# Course

Hello,
First of all this is not my first course which I have finished, I have also took computer science career path and I finished it, learnt python syntax and i have deeply focused on course for 4 months on computer science career path. I wanted to learn a language other than Python because, in my opinion, Python was more a scripting language than a programming language, so I switched to C # a month ago, which is attracted my attention, and mainly its fields were what attract me. I have now completed the course at CodeAcademy, but the C # course in CodeAcademy does not seem sufficient because according to my friends there are many more topics than what I learned in CodeAcademy C# course and I want to learn these topics, but I don’t know where I can learn, how I can take further steps towards becoming a C # software developer.
In short, the C # course is over and I feel I have more topics to learn before be in C#, where can I learn more right after I finish CodeAcademy C# Course (Object Oriented etc.)? Where should I start?

Footnote: Computer Science career path was really useful, I figured out now. It was a really nice start to learn programing. I thought I managed to get myself what it wanted to teach me. It taught me how to write better code and how a person who didn’t learn anything about coding before should think while writing code. When I look back, I can see how far I have come. The only problem for me was Python. I am not saying Python is a bad language, I think it is a great language to start with, but I just wanted to turn to the programming language. (I’m not at the level to say these about Python of course, but these are just my own thoughts)

Try to do projects. Look at other projects and see what seems doable and what seems like it’ll take a bit more of studying.

Get a solid reference book for C# if you’re really interested in it.

1 Like

Do you hava any book suggestion ?
Other than what you suggest, aren’t there more topic which I have to learn before going in projects. I’m so excited to work in projects but I feel like there are more topics to learn.

Hi,

Projects are something you can start any time, and they can be super small. You can even center projects around learning how certain mechanisms of a language work. Like if I’m learning language x, one day I might just try to see how I can make a small experiment combining a and b and see how that works. The plus side of projects is that they push you towards creating solutions on the fly, which is a really useful skill to have. And if you know what you can improvise, you know what you feel unsure about… and that’s a marker for areas to study even more. --Not only that projects can be modular… you can always add more to them. Text-based tic tac toe → add basic a.i. —> add GUI —> add sound effects —> add internet connectivity etc.

As for books, sorry to say my C# is nonexistent (only C++ and some C). But I would look/ask around for updated lists. Usually you can find books that appear in common in many lists and they are good targets. I find the publisher O’Reilley to be pretty dependable in their quality, but if it’s not a new edition look around and see what’s the one people recommend.

@yigitceli one idea is if you did the cs path to try to translate those data structures into C# ! That can take a while :slight_smile:

2 Likes