Final Project - My portfolio

Check out my final project and please let me know if you have any feedback for it:

CLICK HERE

1 Like

when i make my browser 50% of screen width i get this:

nt to

You might want to think about a way of improving this. For the rest, it looks good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it looks great! Nice website!

1 Like

Did you use a high res image for the background? It was pretty slow to load, so its either that or my network is super slow. Great looking site, I really like the 1 page style you used.

Thanks. I worked out a solution. Really appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if the image is high res or not. I think that possibly it is. I used it from the free picture site we were given for the final project. It also loads slowly on my computer. Do you have any suggestions for making it load quicker? Thank you for the rest of your feedback.

Seems better now (bit of overlap)

You could compress the image? You can read about it here

1 Like

Thanks - handy link. Help much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Ah, its definitely high res then. I’d suggest lowering the image quality in order to speed up the download. Use an image editor like Photoshop or GIMP, if you reduce it by 40-60% it would still probably look good, play about with it to find the right size.

the image was 990Kb or something, pretty high resolution

Really? I thought I had made the image smaller, and it’s still too big. Is there a recommended size for websites? I got this image from the image link that we were given, so I guess just assumed those images were already at a good size (whoops!)

i don’t know what the optimum is, i would recommend to shrink it a bit further.

Great. Thanks - I’ll shrink further and hope that makes it load quicker.

Thanks for all the help!