Fill out All the Prompts Before You See the Story?

Ok, so not getting any error messages when running my code. Ont he surface everything checks out.

My issue is that when I run this code it prompts the user for all the variables up front, and then it runs the console logs to produce the story.

Maybe I am misunderstanding but it seems it should ask for the age, then proceed to:

console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'")
console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'")
var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");

At which point you say "yes" or "no" and then it displays the final portion of the story.

Yet when I run my code all I get is the age prompt, followed by the "Do you race him" prompt, and THEN it actually produces the story.

What am I missing?

// Check if the user is ready to play!
confirm("Let's do this!")
var age = prompt("What's your age?");
if(age < 13) 
{
    console.log("Go for it, but do so at your own risk...")
} 
else 
{
    console.log("Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here, but have fun!")
}
console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'")
if(userAnswer === "yes") 
{
    console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!")
} 
else 
{
    console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'")
}

The console.log calls happen between the prompts (or it wouldn't reach the next prompt) but the output is held back somewhere

You can run it locally if you want:

This goes into a file named index.html and then open it with your browser (open your browser's console for output)

<!doctype html>
<body>
    <script>
// Check if the user is ready to play!
confirm("Let's do this!")
var age = prompt("What's your age?");
if(age < 13)
{
    console.log("Go for it, but do so at your own risk...")
}
else
{
    console.log("Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here, but have fun!")
}
if(userAnswer === "yes")
{
    console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!")
}
else
{
    console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'")
}
    </script>
</body>

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.