Feeling like I hit a brick wall and I just started

I just recently started learning web development a month ago. And I feel like as if im getting through the courses but not really applying what im learning. Im trying to figure out if there is a way to utilize the knowledge that im gaining from these lessons? Any suggestions or tips?

Take on small challenges off-platform. Create small projects where you can apply your skills. Collaborate with fellow learners. However, in this early phase I suggest just focusing on learning. (Maybe I’m just slow), but it took me about 3 months before I could start applying my Python skills to other things besides the challenge projects and lessons.

1 Like

The new full stack web dev career path will teach you the fundamentals of JavaScript first. With that you can go to sites like Leetcode and HackerRank and start solving problems!

Also, web dev is… to make webs? So don’t shy away from building your own sites!!

1 Like

I just started the full stack and build websites paths a few weeks ago. in my offline time i have been using VScode and my family photos to “build” websites as practice. I add new elements as i learn them. This seems to me like a good way to keep practical with the lessons.