Fashion Blog exercise

Hi!

I am wondering about 2 things in the Fashion Blog exercise: https://bit.ly/2RPDY2e

1. alt was not added to the img tag, why is that?

2. the first headline was an h3 tag. In a previous lesson, it was mentioned that you should use headlines in a correct order (h1, h2, h3, h4 etc) because if you don’t it might affect SEO negatively. So starting with h3 tag as the first headline does not sounds like a good idea. I would choose the small tag and the strong tags instead. —> What do you think?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

the attribute alt on an image tag is the text that is shown when the image can not be loaded. This attribute is not mandatory and often not used. Here you can find more information on the subject.

I don’t think you have to worry about the search engine these days. The search engine’s are very smart these days and keeps getting smarter with the hour.

You could see <h1><h2><h3>etc as elements meant for titles with different standard font sizes. That is all.

This is not something you should worry about during coding. Once you’re project is finished you can optimize it and at that point it’s time to look into this.