FAQ: Why Learn SQL? - Creating Usage Funnels

This community-built FAQ covers the “Creating Usage Funnels” exercise from the lesson “Why Learn SQL?”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Analyze Data with SQL

FAQs on the exercise Creating Usage Funnels

There are currently no frequently asked questions associated with this exercise – that’s where you come in! You can contribute to this section by offering your own questions, answers, or clarifications on this exercise. Ask or answer a question by clicking reply (reply) below.

If you’ve had an “aha” moment about the concepts, formatting, syntax, or anything else with this exercise, consider sharing those insights! Teaching others and answering their questions is one of the best ways to learn and stay sharp.

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head here.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

I feel like this query is missing AS in

FROM browse b
LEFT JOIN checkout c
ON b.user_id = c.user_id
LEFT JOIN purchase p

Should not it be

FROM browse AS b
LEFT JOIN checkout AS c
ON b.user_id = c.user_id
LEFT JOIN purchase AS p

?

UPD: the query also worked when I inserted AS

2 Likes

It would be interested to see an e.g. of RD as a ref.

How is the coding done? I mean are we going to learn how to do coding ( whatever is in the middle pannel)? I am not a computer student. I am from medical background, I am not sure if this course is meant for me or not. Please help!

3 Likes

It depends on where you are going to use this skill and whether this skill is relevant to you or not. Every skill matter, gain as much knowledge as you can.

1 Like

does SQL let you use variables before they’ve been defined? I.e. what alphaville is pointing out with the missing AS’s, the b and c letters are used earlier in the query and didn’t seem to make sense to me as to where they came from. I can kind of intuit they are variable names for browse and checkout tables a bit further down in the query, but it was a little confusing to me.

1 Like