FAQ: The Box Model - Auto

I don’t understand this either?!! :cold_sweat:

What don’t you understand?

“Set the width of the .pull-quote class elements to 350 pixels.”

which I’ve put,

.pull-quote {

width: 350px;

}

And it just keeps asking to try again… I’m probably just missing something but I’ve tries so many way which does not solve anything and the question is only asking to set the width of 350px to the element so why would it have to be more complicated than that?:exploding_head:

Hi, I’ve been stuck on this for a week now!! Can some help me please!!!

Is there something wrong with this exercise??? I’ve got to the point where I have to click “View Solution” which will then automatically put in the code for me which turned out to be the same as what I’ve been trying to submit for the last 7 DAYS!!! If that is the case then it’s wasted a whole week of my time!!

This practice in section 10 “Auto” did not teach me anything! In fact I am left with even more confused to why the content has all been centered when all we were asked to do was " Set the width of the .pull-quote class elements" which to me looks like it’s a child div of the “.content” div which is the parent??

If I wasn’t wrong on any of this then I am very CROSS and very disappoint as time is precious!!!

This exercise? https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-css/lessons/box-model-intro/exercises/box-margin-auto

I’ve just tried it on both Firefox and Chrome, and it worked.

Could you tell me which browser you’re using? Out of curiosity

well it doesn’t for me for the last 7 days and still until this very moment! :triumph:

I understand your frustration, but there’s got to be an explanation to this.

Which browser are you using?

Also, check this out:

Disabling AdBlock in Chrome worked for him.

I’ve followed the instruction guid for how to do that but my chrome browser doesn’t appear to have an Adblock so I am going to skip it as I have wasted too much time on this already!

This is also happening to me. I knew I was right though so I just checked the answer anyway. Just to make sure. it must be some sort of error or glitch or whatever, just hit check answer box and move along,