FAQ: Survey of Computer Science - The Tale of Kenny - Control Flow and Logic

This community-built FAQ covers the “Control Flow and Logic” exercise from the lesson “Survey of Computer Science - The Tale of Kenny”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Code Foundations

FAQs on the exercise Control Flow and Logic

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head here.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

{Click run, then copy and paste python kenny_the_health_inspector.py into the terminal on the far right titled bash . }

Whats is bash ? and why the game wouldn’t work :confused:
regards :slight_smile:

Hey @alashtal, I had the same problem using Chrome, but everything worked when switching to Firefox.

I had the same problem using safari, followed apaul272’s advice and used Firefox. Works now!

thank you :slight_smile: @apaul272

I’m using firefox and I still can"t get the program to run.
It keeps saying kenny_the_health_inspector is no defined.
I also can"t copy and paste into the bash terminal.
I typed help into the terminal, which led me to modules, which led me to kenny_the_health_inspector.
I was finally able to run the program that way.

I’ve had the same issue as well. It won’t run :cry: Mine just doesn’t really do anything thought I get a $ and a little blinking box.

I was having the same problem in Safari. To fix it, I went to Safari > Settings for This Website…

On the window that came up, I unchecked “Enable content blockers”.

When I refreshed the window, the proper Bash entry was available.

Hope that helps you, too!

Terminal was not displaying any information, including the ‘bash’ title. I’m using Chrome. Tried refreshing the page and the information is now displayed.

Hello i am running safari and i can’t get anything to run after i copy and paste in the far right.

@itzapepo @verocelis I was having the same problem in firefox where it wouldn’t copy and paste. initially I interpreted “python” being on a separate line and tried to execute it separately, so I was running.

python

kenny_the_health_inspector.py

which is incorrect. Below is the line that worked.

python kenny_the_health_inspector.py

there are no capitalisation of letters required and just hit enter after you have typed out the line.

Hi everyone,

I disabled my adblocker (ublock) and it worked in chrome. Also check your permissions for the site.

OMG thank you that help me!

Disabling addblocker worked in Firefox as well. Click on the shield left to the url to accomplish this.