FAQ: Semantic HTML - Audio and Attributes

This community-built FAQ covers the “Audio and Attributes” exercise from the lesson “Semantic HTML”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Web Development

Introduction to HTML

FAQs on the exercise Audio and Attributes

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!
You can also find further discussion and get answers to your questions over in #get-help.

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head to #get-help and #community:tips-and-resources. If you are wanting feedback or inspiration for a project, check out #project.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions in #community

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it online, or post in #community:Codecademy-Bug-Reporting

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

5 posts were split to a new topic: Do you have to use a seperate tag for Audio Source? Can you use it like an img tag?

A post was split to a new topic: Embedding Video Links in a list

I’m noticing that the lesson uses following: . From reviewing the MDN and other sources, it appears that the “audio/mp3” is a “Mime Type”. When I go to Mime Type documentation though, the MDN and other sources, appear to tell me that I should use “audio/mpeg” (likely because MP3 is just a MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3). However, is there a risk that some browsers won’t support “audio/mp3” or that in the future this could get deprecated?

Hi,
Quick question. There are two ways to embed audio tags into the HTML code file.

1. <//audio
    controls> <source src=" "//>
    </audio//>

2. <//audio
    controls
    source src=" ">
    </audio//>

The difference is subtle but the “>” after controls and source is preferred (in 2nd example?) or the source can be coded as a separate entity as it is in example one?

Thank You :slight_smile:

Right clicking and pasting is not working. I have an HP and I use Firefox any help would be great!

Hello, it works with Ctr c and Ctr v.

Hope it helps!

That didn’t work. but thank you anyway.