FAQ: Semantic HTML - Audio and Attributes

This community-built FAQ covers the “Audio and Attributes” exercise from the lesson “Semantic HTML”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Web Development

Introduction to HTML

FAQs on the exercise Audio and Attributes

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!
You can also find further discussion and get answers to your questions over in #get-help.

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head to #get-help and #community:tips-and-resources. If you are wanting feedback or inspiration for a project, check out #project.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions in #community

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it online, or post in #community:Codecademy-Bug-Reporting

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

5 posts were split to a new topic: Do you have to use a seperate tag for Audio Source? Can you use it like an img tag?

Embedding Video Links in a list

I have a bit of a design question to do with embedded video.
To create a menu or a list with a number of embed videos in the menu or list, can I make the ,“video” element a child of the “li” element and how would this code look?

Also, can I embed a video that is linked to another site?

I did try this but because I could not define the video format as it was a link, I got an error message basically telling me that the file type wasn’t supported and that the browser couldn’t find or identify a file type. I am also pretty sure I can’t set a size for the video and then have the video open on a full screen when you press play using the code I have tried, but that is the result I am hoping to achieve. Suggestions and guidance here will be greatly appreciated.

(I have tried to include my code but for some reason I can not create a code block as described How do I format code in my posts?)

Cheers

Josh