FAQ: Retrieval-Based Chatbots - Entity Recognition with Word Embeddings

This community-built FAQ covers the “Entity Recognition with Word Embeddings” exercise from the lesson “Retrieval-Based Chatbots”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Build Chatbots with Python

FAQs on the exercise Entity Recognition with Word Embeddings

There are currently no frequently asked questions associated with this exercise – that’s where you come in! You can contribute to this section by offering your own questions, answers, or clarifications on this exercise. Ask or answer a question by clicking reply (reply) below.

If you’ve had an “aha” moment about the concepts, formatting, syntax, or anything else with this exercise, consider sharing those insights! Teaching others and answering their questions is one of the best ways to learn and stay sharp.

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!
You can also find further discussion and get answers to your questions over in Language Help.

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head to Language Help and Tips and Resources. If you are wanting feedback or inspiration for a project, check out Projects.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions in Community

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it online, or post in Bug Reporting

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

I wasn’t able to pass through this exercise without going to the solution code. Step 2 calls for the word2vec model to be named both word2vec() AND word2vec_model() simultaneously.

Call word2vec() on the string "clothes" and assign the result to category .
Call word2vec_model() on the concatenated form of message_nouns and assign the result to tokens .

When you opt for the solution code, you’ll see that the model in the provided code has been renamed word2vec(). I reset the entire exercise, then used the copy-pasted solution code, and was still unable to validate Step 2.

The whole exercise has not fitting captions in instructions:
word2vec is named word2vec_model in script.py
.similarity takes whole category as argument, not category.text as is stated in the hint

Hello community,

I have a question concerning step 4 of this exercise.
The solution was to simply access the first item in message_nouns. I expected the answer to be instead to select the token with the highest value of similarity and tried the following code (assuming that similarities are ordered from highest to lowest and I could access the token with highest similarity as the first item in the list). But I managed only to access the first letter of the first tuple (“s”), not the first item (“shirts”). Can somebody help?
Thank you!

The wording in this lesson was exceptionally confusing as a whole. A prime example is this step which is very hard to follow. Would have been much easier to bullet point out the edge cases and show the user what the format should look like when written out. Just show us a template example such as current_token category 1.22323 and use the bullet points to detail edge cases