FAQ: Manipulation - cp I

Hello @erika_klink!

Yes, unfortunately, because terminals do not save previously inputted text, Codecademy can’t show you the actual solution on the terminal. However, if you do have questions, feel free to ask on the forums!

1 Like

@dr_victoria that makes total sense. Thank you so much. Once I did get all the checkmarks on the steps I was able to get to the correct directory and work through the steps properly.

1 Like

I cannot progress in this one and I can’t figure out why. None of the commands listed bring me to the file location I am trying to get to. When I type out pwd it says I am in /home/ccuser/workspace and that is not even on the file tree. Is mine bugged or am I totally missing something? I am typing everything literally exactly as the exercise is telling me to. I also do not have a “show solution” button so I am completely stuck and cannot progress

Hello @tag5295001064 and welcome to the Codecademy Forums!

It looks like you’ve accidentally navigated out of the movies directory. Enter the command cd movies to navigate to the correct directory. Here is the filesystem for this lesson for your reference (movies is a child directory of workspace).

1 Like

Is there any issue with the commands? I have been typing exactly what the screen asks?

Second screenshot is more exact :wink:

Check that you’re in the correct directory. You may not have started in the directory that you, or the learning environment, were expecting. :slight_smile:

Thank you let me give it another shot :slight_smile:

1 Like