FAQ: Learn Python - Date and Time - Pretty Time

This community-built FAQ covers the “Pretty Time” exercise in Codecademy’s lessons on Python.

FAQs for the Codecademy Python exercise Pretty Time:

Join the Discussion. We Want to Hear From You!

Have a new question or can answer someone else’s? Reply (reply) to an existing thread!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources about Python in general? Go here!

Want to take the conversation in a totally different direction? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account, billing, Pro, or Pro Intensive? Reach out to our support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

Other FAQs

The following are links to additional questions that our community has asked about this exercise:

• This list will contain other frequently asked questions that aren’t quite as popular as the ones above.
  • Currently there have not been enough questions asked and answered about this exercise to populate this FAQ section.
  • This FAQ is built and maintained by you, the Codecademy community – help yourself and other learners like you by contributing!

Not seeing your question? It may still have been asked before – try searching for it by clicking the spyglass icon (search) in the top-right of this page. Still can’t find it? Ask it below by hitting the reply button below this post (reply).

2 posts were split to a new topic: Why Is %02d Necessary?

On this activity, my output is giving me the wrong time. It says that its 18:45:11 when its 1 pm where I live? Does anyone know why this happening or how I can fix it, thanks :slight_smile:

Mine is also giving the wrong time! Would appreciate any explanation :slight_smile:
':

My datetime import is also giving me the wrong time. Why does this happen?

The time in the LE is UTC, so will be offset by how many time zones east (+) or west (-). For instance, EST is UTC - 5 hours.

This is just a tip for the code-academy staff:

The previous exercise was this:

Then the next one ( where this thread belongs to ), in the instructions, we are missing to change the %4d to %2d.

Just my 2 cents

1 Like

Is this in the Python 2 track? Oh wait, it is. D’oh!. Nonetheless, there will never be any updates to this content. The version is defunct and no longer supported in the real world. Learn what you can in this environment and move on.

1 Like

This bug is still there. Nobody 'll fix it, since Learn Python 3 is the current recommended course on Python, I guess.

Is there a way to print milliseconds?

python - Format a datetime into a string with milliseconds - Stack Overflow