FAQ: Learn HTML Tables - Tables - Styling with CSS

This community-built FAQ covers the “Styling with CSS” exercise in Codecademy’s lessons on HTML.

Here are the most popular community questions on this exercise:

Join the Discussion. We Want to Hear From You!

Have a new question or can answer someone else’s? Reply (reply) to an existing thread!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources about HTML in general? Go here!

Want to take the conversation in a totally different direction? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account, billing, Pro, or Pro Intensive? Reach out to our support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

Other FAQs

The following are links to additional questions that our community has asked about this exercise:

• This list will contain other frequently asked questions that aren’t quite as popular as the ones above.
  • Currently there have not been enough questions asked and answered about this exercise to populate this FAQ section.
  • This FAQ is built and maintained by you, the Codecademy community – help yourself and other learners like you by contributing!

Not seeing your question? It may still have been asked before – try searching for it by clicking the spyglass icon (search) in the top-right of this page. Still can’t find it? Ask it below by hitting the reply button below this post (reply).

Hi I copied and pasted . Right over the table tag .and changed the pixel to 18 . That did not change any thing .

Hi @datablaster33892
At the top of the programming area, you should change the tab to the *.css file (I don’t know how exactly was this file (tab) created, but that is there, and there you can achieve the excersice!

In the styling CSS portion In style.css , change the font size of all table headings and table data to 18 pixels.
when I got to location and find th, and td and added font-size: 18px; and click run get red cross on box on instruction. Is there an error in module?

I clicked solution and same thing I typed showed up and I looked over style.css and nothing else changed. Must be a bug.

Hi!
The exercise asks to change the font size of table headings and table data. However, I could only modify the size of table headings by changing the font size in the thead th selector in the style.css, and not by changing it in the th, td selector.

Many thanks for your help!

It’s HTML introduction but suddenly it mentions CSS edition, which requires CSS knowledge.
(Exercise : HTML: INTRODUCTION / Learn HTML TABLES: exercice 12: Styling with CSS".)

Located in this senteces:

->“You can use CSS to style tables just like you have done in the past.” (NOPE)
->“CSS properties you learned about earlier.” (NOPE)

My response – No I did not, I’ve never learnt CSS before–