FAQ: Learn HTML - Tables - Table Body

This community-built FAQ covers the “Table Body” exercise in Codecademy’s lessons on HTML.

Here are the most popular community questions on this exercise:

Join the Discussion. We Want to Hear From You!

Have a new question or can answer someone else’s? Reply (reply) to an existing thread!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources about HTML in general? Go here!

Want to take the conversation in a totally different direction? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account, billing, Pro, or Pro Intensive? Reach out to our support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

Other FAQs

The following are links to additional questions that our community has asked about this exercise:

• This list will contain other frequently asked questions that aren’t quite as popular as the ones above.
  • Currently there have not been enough questions asked and answered about this exercise to populate this FAQ section.
  • This FAQ is built and maintained by you, the Codecademy community – help yourself and other learners like you by contributing!

Not seeing your question? It may still have been asked before – try searching for it by clicking the spyglass icon (search) in the top-right of this page. Still can’t find it? Ask it below by hitting the reply button below this post (reply).

2 posts were split to a new topic: How can you indent multiple lines all at once?

In the Table Body exercise, the site states " The <tbody> element should contain all of the table’s data, excluding the table headings (more on this in a later exercise)." excluding, but then it proceeds to use the <th> tag within the <tbody> tag. Is this just a mistype, or is there an explanation why in the example we’re allowed to use the <th> tag within the <tbody> tag? If we genuinely aren’t allowed to include the <th> within the <tbody> tags, where would we put them?

Data columns and rows can have headings, too, hence TH is used in the first row and the first column, instead of TD. When TH is used in the THEAD, it usually spans the entire table as a single, main heading for the table.

The exercise says: Enclose rows 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 of the table in a <tbody> element.

However, the table does not have that many rows.

Funny, I count eight rows in all.

This was my issue too. I don’t think this task is particularly clear for anyone who is anyone who is a true beginner.

I think this task could’ve been explained a little clearer. I don’t see anything other on my screen than the cells we just created in the previous task, and as an absolute beginner wasn’t sure if we’re suppose to find the 6 rows from the code or the ones we see on the page. I just got it right but it still doesn’t make much sense to me yet.