FAQ: Learn HTML - Intro to HTML - Attributes

This community-built FAQ covers the “Attributes” exercise in Codecademy’s lessons on HTML.

FAQs on the HTML exercise Attributes

Join the Discussion. We Want to Hear From You!

Have a new question or can answer someone else’s? Reply (reply) to an existing thread!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources about HTML in general? Go here!

Want to take the conversation in a totally different direction? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account, billing, Pro, or Pro Intensive? Reach out to our support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

Other FAQs

The following are links to additional questions that our community has asked about this exercise:

• This list will contain other frequently asked questions that aren’t quite as popular as the ones above.
  • Currently there have not been enough questions asked and answered about this exercise to populate this FAQ section.
  • This FAQ is built and maintained by you, the Codecademy community – help yourself and other learners like you by contributing!

Not seeing your question? It may still have been asked before – try searching for it by clicking the spyglass icon (search) in the top-right of this page. Still can’t find it? Ask it below by hitting the reply button below this post (reply).

A post was split to a new topic: Html attribute question

2 posts were split to a new topic: What are all the attributes and when do we use them?

I am trying to do the exercise for Attributes. I need to see the correct code beccause I just can’t figure it out. Can you help?

1 Like

you can get the code? I am personally not a fan of this feature, but after submitting faulty code enough times a button appears from which you can get the code. I usually do explanations.

that is the issue, you get the “get solution” button but your code does not change and you only see ticks that it has been completed.

2 Likes

I am not able to understand what is the use of the id and division tags

Do you need to use the id tag to close a division

id tag? You mean id attribute? This one:

?

if you mean id attribute, then the answer is: no

So, I understand the attributes feature to div tags. Is the only purpose of adding an attribute to div tags to differentiate divs from each other for styling them in CSS?

css does positioning as well, any decent website has a lot of div tags for a good layout