FAQ: Learn HTML: Forms - Number Input

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Are there differences between name and id?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is it possible to remove the arrows in a number box?

3 posts were split to a new topic: What does the value attribute do?

3 posts were split to a new topic: What is the difference between head and section?

3 posts were split to a new topic: What’s wrong with this code?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Are there differences between name and id?

A post was split to a new topic: Can I restrict number form entry range?

When I enter 3 in the input box it changes to 4. Does the step feature only work when starting with 1 ?

The exercise description states the input type number takes " (and a few special characters like - , + , and . )
However, the plus sign errors out

We can get the same desired result by putting step"0" instead of step “1”, is it right??

The arrows in the input are appearing whenever I use number type for input. How do I disable it?

why is there no download button for the attached files?
do I have to copy each file and paste it in my editor? :roll_eyes:
Screenshot from 2020-04-10 15-57-50

I trie to write letters in a text field, just to check… and found that I cannot write any letters(as it should be) except letter “e”, why?

1 Like

Could you reply to me with a link of the exercise please, so I can see what’s going on.

Hi, i would like to know more in detail about the step attribute used in this exercise . I practiced the same on text editor and it did not render the step button on the side as its done in this exercise.

What’s the purpose of step=“1” attribute ?

Never mind, figured out in next lesson :slight_smile:

Have they already explained what sections are for?

How do we limit the value of the “amount” input field to exclude negative values?

1 Like

This went through my mind too

Did you found out yet?