FAQ: Learn HTML: Form Validation - Checking Text Length

This community-built FAQ covers the “Checking Text Length” exercise from the lesson “Learn HTML: Form Validation”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Introduction to HTML

FAQs on the exercise Checking Text Length

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head here.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Where is data on a website stored?

2 posts were split to a new topic: For the method attribute what are the differences between POST and GET?

Easter egg? ilovecoding

Poking around, I noticed on the login.js that a message will appear (or should) when one enters a username of “codecademy” and a pw of “ilovecoding” however mine did not…

SOOO… what would I need to do to make the exercise index.html run this particular portion of JS (easter egg? :egg::sunflower surprise!)?

Not sure what the problem might be from just that. Mine worked.

I , i’ve been learning here for a while now, and i’m curious where these related stylesheet are from?like this one link href=“https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Fjalla+One” rel=“stylesheet” are they downloaded from google or what?

google has a whole bunch apis and CDNs you can use, these files are fetched from the internet. Although, no doubt some caching is happening

2 posts were split to a new topic: Whats the difference between max and maxlength?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Where is the code that interprets the form submission?

A slight tangent to the exercise here, but in the element, there is a class=“overlay” attribute. What does this do?

Just FYI, in case it’s not been pointed out, the example code in the label says “Summarize your fillings.” Fine if this is for a dentist’s website… but I assume you meant “feelings.”