FAQ: Learn HTML - Intro to HTML - Headings

This community-built FAQ covers the “Headings” exercise in Codecademy’s lessons on HTML.

Here are the most popular community questions on this exercise:

Join the Discussion. We Want to Hear From You!

Have a new question or can answer someone else’s? Reply (reply) to an existing thread!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources about HTML in general? Go here!

Want to take the conversation in a totally different direction? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account, billing, Pro, or Pro Intensive? Reach out to our support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

1 Like

Other FAQs

The following are links to additional questions that our community has asked about this exercise:

Not seeing your question? It may still have been asked before – try searching for it by clicking the spyglass icon (search) in the top-right of this page. Still can’t find it? Ask it below by hitting the reply button below this post (reply).

1 Like

17 posts were split to a new topic: Bugs in HTML Headings Lesson

2 posts were split to a new topic: Why does text in the code editor turn orange?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is there a limit to the number of headings? [solved]

2 posts were split to a new topic: Codecademy Keyboard shortcuts

6 posts were split to a new topic: Can I create multiple bodies in one website?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Why are headings not used as child elements?

A post was split to a new topic: Headings -don’t understand

Hello I am currently working in the Elements and Structure(Headings) portion of the Intro to HTML and the Run button won’t stop buffering. Is it because of an error I caused or is it possibly something else? Btw I have no error message.

Hey @beta2184493121, welcome to the forums!

Have you tried,

• reloading your page
  • clearing your browser cache
  • using google chrome
  • and restarting your browser

Also, can you please send the link to the exercise?

1 Like

I’m on it right now. Thanks I will send you the link.

1 Like

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/learn-how-to-build-websites/tracks/build-websites-intro/modules/learn-html-elements/lessons/intro-to-html/exercises/headings-html

Heyyy that worked thanks a bunch I’ll be sure to remember that next time I encounter an issue instead of panicking. Like duh!? Lol

1 Like

Amazing! I’m glad it worked!

1 Like

i cant seem to get passed this exercise !!! :slightly_frowning_face:

Hey @board1023928696!

What kind of trouble are you having?

Why are there no other size heading elements within HTML?
For example: h7, or even bigger: h0.5

PS. I tried to write the heading elements with the correct syntax but the comment window actually took it for real HTML code!

Hello, @booga.

The <h1> through <h6> tags are to be used as headings. You can use other methods to make your own headings as big or small as you like. For example:
<h1>This is a heading</h1>
<p style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 50px>This looks like a heading only bigger</p>
renders:

This is a heading

Note: The above is a screen shot. Inline styling apparently isn't rendered by the Markdown used in the forums
There are many ways to manipulate text to look the way you want it to. The built-in headings are for quick use when the default style is all you need. You can also change the default style of the heading tags to suit your needs using CSS.

Please review this topic to see how to include code in a post: How do I format code in my posts?

1 Like

I notice that when I use h7 tag, for example, the text font defaults to a nonbold font of a certain size. Would that be different font depending on the developer I’m using?