FAQ: Learn HTML Elements – Intro to HTML – Displaying Text

faq

This community-built FAQ covers the “Displaying Text” exercise in Codecademy’s lessons on HTML.

FAQs on the HTML exercise Displaying Text

Join the Discussion. We Want to Hear From You!

Have a new question or can answer someone else’s? Reply (reply) to an existing thread!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources about HTML in general? Go here!

Want to take the conversation in a totally different direction? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account, billing, Pro, or Pro Intensive? Reach out to our support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

Other FAQs

The following are links to additional questions that our community has asked about this exercise:

• This list will contain other frequently asked questions that aren’t quite as popular as the ones above.
  • Currently there have not been enough questions asked and answered about this exercise to populate this FAQ section.
  • This FAQ is built and maintained by you, the Codecademy community – help yourself and other learners like you by contributing!

Not seeing your question? It may still have been asked before – try searching for it by clicking the spyglass icon (search) in the top-right of this page. Still can’t find it? Ask it below by hitting the reply button below this post (reply).

Throughout this course, there have been many points where it has told me things such as:

_**"Below the <h2> element that says About Brown Bears, add <p> opening and closing tags, and inside of the tags put the following text:"**_

yet, there is no such text to be seen. I have been following every single step, but it seems that either the course isn’t updating the text that should be there upon the next step, or it isn’t explaining to me that these parts need to be typed in by me, or where to put them. Something is missing, and it’s very frustrating.

For it to keep asking me to add things above or below text in the code box that isn’t even there, makes absolutely no sense. If anyone else has had this issue and could offer some assistance, that would be great.
Thanks.

• Corey

Hey Corey, I’m not seeing that issue myself. Would you mind taking a screenshot of what you’re seeing and speak to that image? That will help us to better understand your question / issue.

Hi there! I appreciate how quick you were in trying to help! I am very sorry it has taken me so long to reply…

Anyway, here’s a screenshot of just one example…

as you can see, it’s asking me to type code below other code that isn’t even there… Seems quite odd to me, and i’m very confused lol

Trying to continue, I have ran into 3 more of these already… here is another one (it will only let me post 1 per post)

I’m finding it difficult also to proceed to the next task. I’m stuck in nesting the paragraph tags

After typing in the necessary words in the tags, it’s still displaying an error. I think I’ve not been able to get it right. Please help.

Not sure if you were able to work this out, but I had the same issue as you did and I resolved it by having to copy and paste the paragraph from the assignment into the paragraph.

That was really helpful. Something so simple as just copy and paste made it work.