FAQ: Learn HTML - Common HTML Elements - Linking to Other Web Pages

Just looking at it from my basic perspective, it seems like should have a source instead of a href attribute, since it binds/sources a file much like does.

This was driving me insane! Didn’t realise the . was outside of the grey box… I’m sticking to copy and paste from now on!

Thanks @danielkabus795047546 :slight_smile:

Hey guys dont know if ive missed something here, gonna ask for solution so i can move ahead,

Thats what has happened to me really confusing

I know you can link things other than websites. Is the anchor tag only for ‘linking’ things? Any other functions/features?

Hi, I need help. I have Learn More inside a tags, and it’s not working. Any ideas why?

Can you post what you’ve written so we can see what exactly went wrong? Make sure you’re including an href attribute inside the opening anchor tag.

It’s okay I figured it out :blush:

1 Like

I have a question is HTML case sensitive?

Here is the code

Brown Bears

The Brown Bear

About Brown Bears

The brown bear (Ursus arctos) is native to parts of northern Eurasia and North America. Its conservation status is currently Least Concern.

There are many subspecies within the brown bear species, including the

Atlas bear and the Himalayan brown bear.</p>
     **<a> Learn More </a>**

Species

• Arctos
  • Collarus
  • Horribilis
  • Nelsoni (extinct)

Features

Brown bears are not always completely brown. Some can be reddish or yellowish. They have very large, curved claws and huge paws. Male brown bears are often 30% larger than female brown bears. They can range from 5 feet to 9 feet from head to toe.

Habitat

Countries with Large Brown Bear Populations

1. Russia
  2. United States
  3. Canada

Countries with Small Brown Bear Populations

Some countries with smaller brown bear populations include Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, China, Finland, France, Greece, India, Japan, Nepal, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.

Media

![](upload://nr406uIIQq6GxKe19xQL5mPi4Gl.jpeg)

just look at the post of @core1457960084 and the respond to it

I think one is a source, so you’re adding the image onto the page as an example, where href would be redirecting to another website as an ex.

href attributes an external resource, linked to your document, while src attributes an internal resource embedded in your document.

The codcademy html learn more shows I have completed the first question and the results. I hit the run button 5 x just to make sure. Then I cut and pasted the word Learn More without the period. Again ERROR from the assignment just to cover all bases. what next? Thanks
Found my mistake I put Learn More after the Species instead of before Species. Thanks
Corrected the Learn More to above Species still no go screen shot. Tired I catch everyone tomorrow.

Interesting situation and do not have screen shots. I went to question #2 and cut and pasted the web address into the code. After 2 x it worked for #1 . After 2 x more it worked for question #2. I’m using a Windows 7 32 bit atom HP mini 210. 10 years or more old this could have a relevant factor in my ERROR problems. For a system this old 2x seems to be the magic number. I have to use Firefox or I get to many time/address/certificate errors, no chrome or echo but tor works best.

This exercise had everything completed for me. I just had to press “Run” twice. Not sure if this was intentional or not.

Capture d’écran, le 2023-02-27 à 16.21.36
I put it directly after the closing paragraph tag and it worked.

What am I doing wrong? :sweat:

<a>Learn More.</a>
should be
<a>Learn More</a>
without the .

1 Like

In the Linking to Other Web Pages exercise we add a link using the anchor element just underneath the paragraph element. When I added it I noticed it auto indented the anchor page. Is the anchor element in this exercise a child of the paragraph element?

EDIT: It corrected going to the next exercise. It now looks like it is a child of the div element and a sibling to the paragraph element. Please correct me if I’m wrong though.