FAQ: Learn CSS Selectors Visual Rules - CSS Setup Selectors - Style Tag

This community-built FAQ covers the “The Style Tag” exercise in Codecademy’s CSS lessons.

FAQs on the CSS exercise The Style Tag

Join the Discussion. We Want to Hear From You!

Have a new question or can answer someone else’s? Reply (reply) to an existing thread!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources about CSS in general? Go here!

Want to take the conversation in a totally different direction? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account, billing, Pro, or Pro Intensive? Reach out to our support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

Other FAQs

The following are links to additional questions that our community has asked about this exercise:

• This list will contain other frequently asked questions that aren’t quite as popular as the ones above.
  • Currently there have not been enough questions asked and answered about this exercise to populate this FAQ section.
  • This FAQ is built and maintained by you, the Codecademy community – help yourself and other learners like you by contributing!

Not seeing your question? It may still have been asked before – try searching for it by clicking the spyglass icon (search) in the top-right of this page. Still can’t find it? Ask it below by hitting the reply button below this post (reply).

I just completed the exercise. Indeed, the first paragraph changed to “arial”.
The question is that I put the css code under the head, as the exercise demands, but the “arial” worked only for the first paragraph, not for the following paragraphs. I thought that at the head it would be global for all the paragraphs.

This is because there is only one Paragraph in the exercise. The other blocks of text are in a Div elements.

if the element was applied inside of the element why has the paragraph inside of the element change?

I’ve learnt that there are three different ways to make use of css styling. The inline, the ? tag and the separate .css file. My question now is, Can you use the three in a single file? Also, in a case where i use different styles for a particular element e.g

, which would overwrite the other? Like if in the inline styling, i set the color of

to red but in the style tag i set it to blue and in the .css file, its set to green… which would actually appear/