FAQ: Languages for Web Development - Review

This community-built FAQ covers the “Review” exercise from the lesson “Languages for Web Development”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Code Foundations

FAQs on the exercise Review

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head here.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

1 Like

So I have started out on Codecademy. I have very little/basic knowledge of programming. However, I wanted to ask, since I have only completed the Code Fundamentals and I am seeing that the examples Do not actually explain much about tags, syntax and skip many details.

This is my first time doing an online course like this, but I am scared. Is it just that I am that stupid to read the code, or will they expand on concepts that they omit on the code?? For example: in a function example They tell you how a function works, but then do not explain where the function should be placed it, if that even matters, this is just an example.

Does anyone else feel like me? I hope I’m just exaggerating, best of luck for all of you.

2 Likes

I think the idea is to introduce the topics and concepts and not necessarily dive to deep into the details just yet.

2 Likes

It is very possible for all first-time learners to be overwhelmed in the beginning. Just keep on and do not get stuck.

1 Like