FAQ: Introduction to PHP - Todo: Learn PHP

This community-built FAQ covers the “Todo: Learn PHP” exercise from the lesson “Introduction to PHP”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Learn PHP

FAQs on the exercise Todo: Learn PHP

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head here.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

I’m just wondering why adding something to the todo list has no effect on the code? i.e. when a user adds something to their list, marks it complete, etc., there is no impact on the code.

2 Likes

how do I test it in my computer

I have the same problem. Code does not work.​ When i add something to the list, it show nothing.

How to use the “Create a Github Gist” option?

When you click on the “Tools” slide out menu, there is an option at the bottom under “Sharing”, labeled “Share Code”, “Create a Gist to share your code with others”. But upon inspection when trying to create a gist on github, it doesn’t accept url’s like this.

I was however able to use the url to import a completely new repository in my account but it seems like it did not populate all the files nor the file structure shown in the interactive editor for this “To Do” lesson.

You can see the final repository import that is created from codeCademy’s url I copied from the share menu here.

Also, on a side note, I thought I remembered there used to be a way to save our work to our workspaces or whathave you, but I can’t seem to find a button or link or anything that would allow me to save this code for later…am I missing something? Has something changed? Cause it is absolutely driving me crazy. I am on a pro membership…

Thanks to anyone who responds in advance!!

Same problem still in 2023 - when I type in item and press “add” - the page goes blank…