FAQ: Introduction to Authentication with Flask - Meet Flask-Login

This community-built FAQ covers the “Meet Flask-Login” exercise from the lesson " Introduction to Authentication with Flask".

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Build Python Web Apps with Flask

FAQs on the exercise Meet Flask-Login

There are currently no frequently asked questions associated with this exercise – that’s where you come in! You can contribute to this section by offering your own questions, answers, or clarifications on this exercise. Ask or answer a question by clicking reply (reply) below.

If you’ve had an “aha” moment about the concepts, formatting, syntax, or anything else with this exercise, consider sharing those insights! Teaching others and answering their questions is one of the best ways to learn and stay sharp.

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!
You can also find further discussion and get answers to your questions over in #get-help.

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head to #get-help and #community:tips-and-resources. If you are wanting feedback or inspiration for a project, check out #project.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions in #community

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it online, or post in #community:Codecademy-Bug-Reporting

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

This entire segment of the Flask track is broken.

Simple things like

Import LoginManager from flask_login in app.py

are unable to be passed, which should be trivial. (I notice the X’s stay grey instead of turning red??)

from flask_login import LoginManager

Not only that but the solution code is unfinished/non-existent, there is some formatting errors as well as typos in the code examples.

Both Intro to Accounts and Intro to Authentication on the Flask track every segment is broken.

1 Like

Yes, I have just run into this issue as well. Not able to import LoginManager. Please advise when this is resolved.

I am unable to complete step 6 of 7 ’ Associating User Actions’.
6a. Implement the code necessary for a user to create a dinner event.
6b.Write the code that enables a user to RSVP to a dinner party.

When i click ‘view solution’ nothing changes in the code but it lets me move on. I was looking forward to doing this step but it doesnt seem possible at this point.

I have found that once you get to module 6 Accounts and Authentication, the skill path becomes impossible to complete. The descriptions and tasks become less cohesive and I have found myself just asking for the solution to understand what is expected. In some cases there is actually no change to the code. I hit the last straw today as I tried to continue with Show Logged in User and I get the pop-up note “Did you … ?” when running the code. It is pretty obvious that this skill path has not been completed. It is too bad. I am 92% complete and the first 80% has been very good. I raised an issue about this in help a few days ago and have not received any response. I am going to wait until these issues are addressed to continue.