FAQ: Intro to JSX - Rendering JSX

This community-built FAQ covers the “Rendering JSX” exercise from the lesson “Intro to JSX”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Web Development

Learn ReactJS: Part I

FAQs on the exercise Rendering JSX

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head here.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

1 Like

Why does Javascript need a ReactDOM library separately from the React library? Assuming ReactDOM is fundamental to React, wouldn’t this functionality have been made a part of the React library?

When we assume… React only needs the DOM when we are using HTML. We can still use React in script (console, Node.js, etc.) without the extra overhead.

I am wondering I have missed a esson where it is explained how to use/implement React? By which I mean use it in my own projects. I’ve gone back through, and this is the first lesson that starts with the code "import React from 'react';" on line 1. However it is not explained. Does this come up later in the course, or should I assume that Codecademy has left out this information and do my own reading? Happy to do the research of course, just interested to know whether it will be introduced at an opportune time.

If I am not mistaken, it comes up later in the course. I think the “Your First React Component” lesson in the React Components module
https://www.codecademy.com/courses/react-101/lessons/your-first-react-component/exercises/import-react

Thanks! Would have been helpful to mention at the start of the topic that they’d be getting round to explaining the setup. I’ll get there soon though.