FAQ: Intermediate JavaScript Modules - Named Imports

Hi Alex,

This whole thread is about arrow function syntax not being accepted in the Javascript Modules: Import Named Imports lesson. I just completed this lesson yesterday and can confirm that it is indeed still an issue.

2 Likes

My bad guys, I was on holiday when I saw it and asked someone else to write it up, but it looks like they haven’t. Will try to get this sorted quickly.

2 Likes

Thank you! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Edit to clarify that this is an issue in the entire Modules section, not just the Import Named Imports lesson.

2 Likes

@kgnunn999 thanks for the report! our Curriculum Team has been made aware of this bug. we’ll be sure to follow up with you here once it is fixed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Terrible lessons when you get to modules, you cannot use certain ES6 components and you can’t use comments on line 1 or it’ll cause errors, so if you want to show your old code before changing it to the other it’ll give you a big fat wrong. Took me more time trying to figure out what I did wrong when it was correct. Why do we pay pro for issues on their end?

1 Like

Why wont this section let me use template literals or arrow functions?

1 Like

my code seems to work when i call the function. I even checked the hint to double check my work and my code seems identical…can anyone explain why im still getting marked wrong? am i missing something?

Update…this finally worked when i made one small change…to put a space in between the two parantheses at the end of the console.log statement to make it a carbon copy of the code in the hint…this has no effect on the code what so ever and in other lessons did not prevent me from moving on to the next lesson. this needs to be fixed, it took five hours for me to figure that small change out, 5 hours that i could have been using on other lessons