FAQ: Errors - Link-time Errors

This community-built FAQ covers the “Link-time Errors” exercise from the lesson “Errors”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Learn C++

FAQs on the exercise Link-time Errors

There are currently no frequently asked questions associated with this exercise – that’s where you come in! You can contribute to this section by offering your own questions, answers, or clarifications on this exercise. Ask or answer a question by clicking reply (reply) below.

If you’ve had an “aha” moment about the concepts, formatting, syntax, or anything else with this exercise, consider sharing those insights! Teaching others and answering their questions is one of the best ways to learn and stay sharp.

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!
You can also find further discussion and get answers to your questions over in Language Help.

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head to Language Help and Tips and Resources. If you are wanting feedback or inspiration for a project, check out Projects.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions in Community

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it online, or post in Bug Reporting

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

I got stuck on the link-time error lesson for a while. It turns out you need to turn int Main() into int main(). The hint section doesn’t steer you into this direction. Hopefully this helps somebody out.

Happy coding :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hello, you need to change Main to main

hey guys, please this might sound amateur but i am actually an amateur.
please do we need to worry about the code that was already written, because after i had finished compiling i came back to the code to see if i could understand what was in the code editor,but i couldn´t understand how they came about it, please can ibe enlightened?

Thank you. Can you explain why? I thought the point of the lesson was to correct the error.

Have you commented on the code ? Putting comments might help. If I didn’t answer your question, let me know.

Anyone else noticed it says ‘Here, a good Google search would be: “C%20%20 undefined reference to main”.’ What stopped it from reading ‘Here, a good Google search would be: “C++ undefined reference to main”.’? What’s the deal with %20%20 instead of ++?

1 Like

Usually you will have to read others code and understand it therefore can you give more detail of what you didn’t comprehend about the code? :slightly_smiling_face: