FAQ: Documentation and Research - Documentation

This community-built FAQ covers the “Documentation” exercise from the lesson “Documentation and Research”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Learn How to Build Websites

FAQs on the exercise Documentation

There are currently no frequently asked questions associated with this exercise – that’s where you come in! You can contribute to this section by offering your own questions, answers, or clarifications on this exercise. Ask or answer a question by clicking reply (reply) below.

If you’ve had an “aha” moment about the concepts, formatting, syntax, or anything else with this exercise, consider sharing those insights! Teaching others and answering their questions is one of the best ways to learn and stay sharp.

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!
You can also find further discussion and get answers to your questions over in Language Help.

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head to Language Help and Tips and Resources. If you are wanting feedback or inspiration for a project, check out Projects.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions in Community

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it online, or post in Bug Reporting

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

In this lesson ( [CSS Documentation and Debugging]) it ask you this :

In the “Values” section, find a value that will turn off the display of an element. Add a display property with that value to the h1 rule in the @media query at the bottom of style.css .

but nowhere does it say what to set the max width at, after i clicked the get help button it sets the media query as a max width off 800 px, why did it choose 800 px specifically? in our former lessons where they gave us the reference guide on when a screen breaks for tablets and cell phones and other screens, 800 was not a number any of them fell on, so why was 800px chosen?

why are there two css links at the header of the html?

1 Like

Hi, I am on this course, and I think I found a bug.

Not only that, I think ALL the lesson have this bug.

Here is my problem:
I typed the same code as the code that codecademy gave me after I clicked Get Code Solution, but before I clicked Get Code Solution, codecademy gave me a NO.

Ther is NO diferrence between my code and the solution code. Here is the whole code I typed:

nav {
  padding: 25px;
  font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;
  background-color: #F25F5C;
}

h1 {
  float: left;
  margin-top: 5px;
  color: white;
  font-size: 36px;
}

ul {
  float: right;
}

li {
  display: inline-block;
  margin-right: 25px;
  text-align: center;
  background-color: #28587B;  
}

a {
  display: inline-block;
  width: 150px;
  padding: 10px 0;
  text-decoration: none;
  font-size: 24px;
  color: white;
}

.clearfix:after {
   content: " ";
   visibility: hidden;
   display: block;
   height: 0;
   clear: both;
}

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {
  h1 {
    display: none;
  }

li {
    margin-right: 10px;
  }

a {
    width: 100px;
    padding: 5px 0;
    font-size: 16px;
  }
}

So what is wrong here?

• There is an minor error I didn’t notice in my code.
  • Codecademy has a bug.
  • I have other problems. (If you choose this one, please write the exact problem in the reply.)

0 voters

There are actually 3

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto" rel="stylesheet">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="reset.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css">
  • The first one is used to import the Roboto font from google fonts
  • The second one is used to apply the styles in reset.css to the HTML document
  • The third one is used to apply the styles in the style.css to the HTML document

reset.css is responsible for resetting all the browser’s default styles (such as margins and paddings) while style.css is used to add styles to our document

2 Likes