FAQ: Control Flow - Control Flow: An Introduction

This community-built FAQ covers the “Control Flow: An Introduction” exercise from the lesson “Control Flow”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Computer Science
Data Science

FAQs on the exercise Control Flow: An Introduction

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head here.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

What about switch case statements? Are the also binary statements?

Question - what sort of programs are control flows kept so that I can practice? In other words, any name brand apps I should know about?

Also, is there any physical or logical connection between that program and the workspace/IDE where I am writing python? If I change my workflow can that effect my python code? Thanks so much.

@achz1989 did you get here via the Python course? If so and for others wondering, Python does not have switch or case statement.

1 Like

@cosecanter this wikipedia article may be useful for you and others wondering the same thing:

I wonder if your question is more centred around imperative vs. declarative programming. Languages like Python and C are imperative in the sense that you as the programmer need to tell the computer what to do and how to do it step by step

Control flow in itself is just the order in which the statements and functions are executed. You can practise doing that using any imperative programming language.

1 Like

I think I was learning JavaScript at that time.