FAQ: Conditionals and Control Flow - Review

This community-built FAQ covers the “Review” exercise from the lesson “Conditionals and Control Flow”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Learn Java

FAQs on the exercise Review

There are currently no frequently asked questions associated with this exercise – that’s where you come in! You can contribute to this section by offering your own questions, answers, or clarifications on this exercise. Ask or answer a question by clicking reply (reply) below.

If you’ve had an “aha” moment about the concepts, formatting, syntax, or anything else with this exercise, consider sharing those insights! Teaching others and answering their questions is one of the best ways to learn and stay sharp.

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!
You can also find further discussion and get answers to your questions over in #get-help.

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head to #get-help and #community:tips-and-resources. If you are wanting feedback or inspiration for a project, check out #project.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions in #community

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it online, or post in #community:Codecademy-Bug-Reporting

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

I don’t really understand what they’re asking us to do in this exercise.

That is up to you, its a review exercise. You can use this to fiddle around with the code and test the code.

The exercise suggests to make different orders to test all the different scenarios/condition you have.

The code appears to be broken. It only returns high or low value item. Are we supposed to fix the code or is that a mistake?

1 Like

What code do you have? This FAQ belongs to a review exercises, theses exercises allow to fiddle with what you just learned

Hi! I have a problem in the Review of Conditionals and Control flow. We need to create different Order instances and see if we can run the code in all the different conditional blocks.

In main, I have created:

Order myOrder = new Order(true, 134.50, "Express");
    System.out.println(myOrder.calculateShipping);

And it shows a mistake. What am I doing wrong?

calculateShipping is a method, calling a method requires parentheses.

also, the syntax you currently use is for accessing instance fields:

System.out.println(myOrder.billAmount);
1 Like

Thanks a lot! Now it´s working;))

Hello, just wanted to ask why the cheatsheet to this lesson isn’t available.

Order myOrder = New Order(true, 5.99, “Express”);

System.out.println(myOrder.billAmount);

I don’t understand what’s wrong. (I wrote this in main as an instance and it isn’t working)

Can i see your full code?

Nevermind, it works now, thanks for replying.

So, I’m don’t understand exactly how i do orders.
Can someone send some help?

i feel stuck when i try to calling methods

you create an instance ( ex. Order gamingMouse = New Order (true, 15.99, “Express”);

System.out.println(gamingMouse.shipping);

Once you’ve created the instance, call in the method (I guess, hope this helps its hard to explain, you can also look at older messages in this forum and see if it helps)

My code will only say 21.0 can anyone help

Order lemonade = new Order(false, 21, “”);

System.out.println(lemonade.billAmount);

What else did you expect then?

uhh for there to be the false and for there to be the default thing

and why? I don’t understand what the problem is. The code works, and does what you expect.

sorry, could you clarify this? I have no idea what you mean by “and for there to be a default thing”. Could mean anything.

in the code there is boolean isFilled and String shippingMethod but the only one that shows in text is double cost