FAQ: Code Challenges: JavaScript Fundamentals - sillySentence()

This community-built FAQ covers the “sillySentence()” exercise from the lesson “Code Challenges: JavaScript Fundamentals”.

Paths and Courses
This exercise can be found in the following Codecademy content:

Web Development

FAQs on the exercise sillySentence()

Join the Discussion. Help a fellow learner on their journey.

Ask or answer a question about this exercise by clicking reply (reply) below!

Agree with a comment or answer? Like (like) to up-vote the contribution!

Need broader help or resources? Head here.

Looking for motivation to keep learning? Join our wider discussions.

Learn more about how to use this guide.

Found a bug? Report it!

Have a question about your account or billing? Reach out to our customer support team!

None of the above? Find out where to ask other questions here!

Why would they want me to do it exactly their way? i literally coded my own good function working all well and its wrong because it wasnt made their way lol

looking at the tests for that exercise, it only appears to test behaviour. Maybe your code behaved slightly incorrectly.

Here’s my code I used for this and it’s not working…any suggestions?

const sillySentence =(input1, input2, input3) => {
return I am so ${input1} because I ${input2} coding! Time to write some more awesome ${input3};
}

Never mind, they wanted me to change my variables names to what they have. Thanks any way

They… don’t.
You probably changed something else as well (the code you shown won’t produce the right string)

Hi Team… I’m new and while the result gets printed cleanly on my screen- Its still appearing as wrong? Any ideas?

function sillySentence (adjective, verb, noun) { return I am so ${adjective} because I ${verb} coding! Time to write some more awesome ${noun}!;} I have tried variable name changes, using const syntax versus function. Any variation gives me the printed result on the screen, but still asks if i have used string concatenation or string interpolation?

Don’t bother! Poor marking team! Why should i have to call them String1, String2, String3?